My all time favorite fried dessert is fried oreos. It sounds strange but it's mindblowingly delicious. If you have a love for carnival food, oreo, and funnel cake - this is the sweet fusion of an oreo and funnel cake. I first had it at the State Fair of Texas back in 2010. I reunited with it this past weekend and could not get fried oreos out of my mind. There was NO WAY I could wait until next year to eat one again, so I made them for myself. The result? Mindblowingly deliciousness. This is going to be dangerous.....
Fried Oreos Recipe
- 10 Oreos 1 8oz
- 1 cup Bisquick pancake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 quarts of vegetable oil for frying
1. Heat oil to 375 degrees
2. Whisk together the egg, milk, and 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil in a bowl until smooth. Stir in the pancake mix until smooth.
3. Dip the oreo cookies into the batter one at a time
4. Fry these babies. The float to the top so you will have to turn to brown on both sides.
Tip: I had a assembly line going. I would dip then fry. Next, dip, fry the 2nd oreo and turn the 1st oreo. Dip, fry the 3rd oreo, take the 1st oreo out and turn the 2nd oreo. Repeat.
5. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate
6. Serve hot with a dust of powdered sugar (milk is great too!!)