There is this little diner inside the Wells Fargo building near my office. It looks shady and offers typical American fare like chicken tenders, burgers, chicken burgers, chicken salad sandwiches, frito pies all made by an old little korean lady. Her little Korean husband takes the order and shouts it to her even though she is less than 5 feet away. Don't underestimate her though, she has the memory like an elephant. There could be 20 people in line and she will remember each order no matter how high-maintenance it is. On Monday, I got the #6 - a chicken burger sandwich, fries, and bottle of water for a whopping $3.99. It's a steal and it tastes mighty delicious. It also inspired me to make my own breaded chicken sandwich at home and with my latest obsession with buffalo sauce, it's a harmonious combination in my tummy.
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
Buffalo Sauce Mixture:
- 1/2 cup of buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup of blue cheese (or ranch)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Wash wings thoroughly and pat dry
3. Combine bowl 1 ingredients in a medium bowl. Follow suit for bowl 2 and bowl 3 in separate bowls.
4. Flatten chicken breast to about 1/2'' thick using saran wrap and a meat pounder. Cut in half.
5. Make an assembly, toss the chicken breast in bowl 1 (flour mixture) then bowl 2 (egg mixture), then bowl 3 (breadcrumbs).
6. Heat oil in pan to about medium heat
7. Fry chicken on for about 3 minutes on each side.
8. Bake in oven on baking sheet for 8-10 minutes.
9. Toss chicken in buffalo sauce mixture.
10. Spread buffalo sauce mixture on buns. Add breaded chicken and fresh vegetables.