What's terrible about an ailing cold is being sick without my mom. I remember when I was little my mom would make me congee and tea with honey and lemon. She would snuggle with me and we would watch TV until I fell asleep or felt better. When I'm sick, all I want is hugs from my mom and chicken congee. I haven't tried to make congee before so I decided not to stress myself out more. I settled with making my own chicken noodle soup.
I also visited my neighborhood Target and stocked up on weapons to karate chop my cold in the butt.
My artillery to kick my cold to the curb (A marketer would have a field day with this post):
- Brown rice pasta - gotta make my chicken noodle soup as healthy as possible by using reduced sodium chicken broth and brown rice pasta (it's a lot less cardboard tasting than whole wheat pasta)
- Oranges - get in my vitamin c
- Lemons - for my tea with honey and lemon
- Vick's Nature Fusion dual pack for day and night - It's new and the word "nature" resonated with me. It's infused with honey so it gave it a more remedial appeal. The day pack includes pills that were sweet and surprisingly easy to take. I hate that chalky aftermath but the honey made this pill taste like candy. I hate liquid syrup more than anything but the honey actually makes it less bad.
- Ricola dual action cough drops - These are new to the Ricola line. I usually buy Ricola because I grew up with these cough drops. My grandma uses them, my dad buys Ricola. They have a real herb taste to them that is similar to Chinese herbs which my family likes. I've gotten so use to the herb taste that I can't even do Halls. The herb taste makes me think it works better. These dual action babies have syrup in the middle that helps soothe your throat. It really helped and you can feel the methanol for at least 30 minutes. However, they taste like crap. Absolute crap. When I got to the middle I had to hold my nose or just swallow the thing whole to get rid of the crap in my mouth.
- Ricola mixed berry vitamin c supplements - again, gotta get that vitamin c