Can you find the meatball? It's like where's waldo that you can eat. I made pasta with my favorite veggies: Broccoli, Spinach, and mushrooms. I melt butter in a pan, brown some garlic, and cook the veggies a bit to give them a nice garlic-butter flavor. I used some good ol' Muir Glen Italian Herb Pasta sauce. Something about their tomatoes make it worth the premium price.
Aside from snacking on the meatballs, I turned them into meatball sliders. I cut a whole wheat dinner roll in half, placed a meatball, drizzled it with leftover pasta sauce and sprinkled a five cheese blend on top. Yummmm!
- 1 lb of lean ground chicken
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1/4 c. Garlic & Herb light spreadable cheese
- 1/4 c. Kraft five cheese blend
- 1/4 c. chopped white onion
- 1/4 c. dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450. Line baking sheet with aluminium foil.
2. Combine the chicken, egg, cheese, cheese blend, onion, bread crumbs, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; mix well. Form mixture into 20 meatballs; place on pan.
3. Bake in center of oven for 18-20 minutes.
That's it! Told ya it's easy as 1-2-3, ABC, baby you & me ;)
Ta-da! I can imagine my mom saying "oh mai got so da gross, why you put the dog bowl on the table next to your food" Ok... I really need to get out more.