How to Make Oreo Truffles:
1 pkg Oreos
1 8oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese
8 Sqs of Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate or White Chocolate
- 1 pkg of Oreos to one container of Cream Cheese.
- Use Reduced Fat Oreo cookies and Reduced fat Cream Cheese for a more guiltless pleasure.
- I personally like the melting containers from Baker's. Easy to dip.
- Use flavored Oreo cookies for variety. I've seen peanut butter Oreos, Strawberry Oreos, Chocolate Oreos, Mint Oreos, etc.
- Finely crush Oreos and mix with cream cheese
- Roll into 1 inch balls onto foil or wax paper. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Melt chocolate and dip the balls with fork and spoon. Let the excess chocolate completely drip. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Tip for melting chocolate:
- Melt on high for 30 seconds and stir vigorously.
- Melt for an additional 30 seconds. Let it sit. The heated chocolate will melt the rest. The main mistake I've seen other people do is not waiting enough and burning the chocolate.
Happy Birthday Isabella
Mint Oreo Truffles
- Use white chocolate and food coloring to color the truffles. Be careful with the food coloring, it makes the chocolate less smooth.
- Pour colored chocolate into a small snack size Ziploc bag. Cut a tiny hole in the corner to use as a decorating bag.
- Use excess cookie crumbles or crushed nuts to decorate.